Prany Sananikone currently directs staff development and educational programs in the areas of diversity , intercultural communication, and conflict management across cultures at the University of California at Irvine. He consults with departments throughout university campuses and hospitals, non- profit organizations and business corporations. Prany’s programs include, but are not limited to, “Diversity in Medicine”, “Religious Diversity Forum” and a full certificate program in Diversity Development. He is also the President of the Institute for Religious and Cultural Competency, a nonprofit organization that seeks to encourage cooperation among interfaith, educational and intercultural organizations in Southern California.titan gel kopen in nederland
Educationhallu pro cena
- 1977 – University of Hawaii – M.A. Communication: Strategies and Planning
- 1975 – University of Hawaii – B.Ed. Secondary Education with special emphasis on English as a Second Language
B.A. Sociology of Education and Community Development
Director of Diversity Relations and Educational Programs: University of California, Irvinepower up premium acción
- In charge of overall public relations with special focus on diversity issues & educational programs for the main campus and the Medical Center.
- Investigate formal complaints of discrimination, work on conflict resolution, research legal documents, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Plan and coordinate affirmative action programs, series of staff development and advancement workshops for faculty, staff & students.
- Work closely with Human Resources and the Medical Center outreach programs and overall community relations for the University.
- Special assignments (1994-2002) Director of Campus Mediation, Director of Worklife Programs, Director of the Diversity Development Certificate Program, Chairman of the Chancellor’s Campus Community Council.
Executive Assistant Director / Director of Programs: United Cambodian Community, Inc. – Long Beach, California
- Responsible for the overall management of one of the largest multi-ethnic community-based, non-profit organizations in Southern California, with special focus on long-range planning, staff development (over 100 staff, operating budget of $5 million), fund raising and intensive community relations.
- Directed youth programs, health/mental health services, social adjustment & counseling services, and culture preservation/promotion projects.
- Extensive services to local, state, and national committees and boards (list can be provided)
- Established the Institute for Intercultural Communication
- Understanding Asian Diversity: Effective Teaching & Training Strategies
- Counseling Across Cultures
- Borders, Boundaries, Belonging, and Beyond
- Crisis in Cultural Values – Culture Learning Institute, East-West Center; Honolulu, HI
- Transnational Education – Culture Learning Institute, East-West Center; Honolulu, HI
Professional and Civic Activities
- Campus Advisor to the National Society for Collegiate Scholars (NSCS)
- Campus Advisor to the Cambodian Student Organization
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Center for Lao Studies (Vice Chairman)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the National Pacific Islanders Education Network
- President of the Institute for Religious and Cultural Competency (IRCC)